Sunday, July 27, 2014

Welcome to the world Charles Joseph!

Officially the last bump picture!  We headed out to Lake Forest Hospital right after this at 5:30 am.  I got there and they started hooking me up to all of the monitors.  As it turns out, I was having contractions!  We picked the right date!
 Here we go!  C-sections are so glamorous!
 We heard he was out and Matt snapped a picture of the clock!  It's a good thing because the staff had to ask him what time the birth was.  I guess they were more concerned making sure we were fine than checking the time.  Makes sense to me!
 Hi baby!
 When I saw him, I thought that he looked like Matt's Gramps out in Colorado!  Definitely a Charles!
 Meeting him
 Trying to keep him warm
 Daddy's chin
 Proud daddy in recovery.  I took this pic so it's from a low angle as I was in the bed.  I couldn't move my legs for a long time, such a strange feeling!
 And we have visitors!!  I had just been given a double dose of pain meds and some benedryl since I was itchy from some of the drugs.  I was so tired and out of it when they came.  Matt took all of these pics.
 Aunt Jill, Grammie, Papo and the girls were the first to arrive early that afternoon.  I was grateful that I was feeling better than I did with Allie.
 Ardell Joseph with Charles Joseph
 Hugs for baby!
 Sweet
 Next set of visitors...the Welke's!
 They had to take turns since children under 12 weren't allowed unless they were siblings.  Uncle Matt happy to have another boy around!
 I love this pic of my snuggle bear!
Pamma with grandson #2
 Grandpa Dennis has some fun things in store for this boy!

 Handsome boys!

1 comment: